Camera DS-2CD2346G2-I makes reboot many times per day

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We have installed many dozens of DS-2CD2346G2-I and DS-2CD2347G1-LU in the same network.
2347G1 works perfect (Pic2), but all (dozens !) DS-2CD2346G2-I make Reboot many times per day, sometimes per hour (Pic3).
Latest Firware is installed 5.7.3 (Pic3).
Please help in case you had the same problem.
Pic1.png
Pic2.png
Pic3.png

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
all (dozens !) DS-2CD2346G2-I make Reboot many times per day, sometimes per hour (Pic3).
Latest Firware is installed 5.7.3 (Pic3).
Sounds like maybe buggy firmware.
Maybe try a downgrade, see if that helps.
Presumably you haven't changed the ports away from the default values?

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We have fault with all xx cameras. Some of them came with FW 5.7.1, other with 5.7.2. Now I have installed latest 5.7.3 - same problem with unregular reboot.
Also we used standard configuration as well as with reduced resolution, bitrate etc.
It looks that problem with hardware. May only with only this product line.
Is anyone has DS-2CD2346G2-I?

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Check the rj45 cable. I have hikvision cams that reboot due to faulty rj45 run. Switch to a known working cable.
Cables are Ok, we use different cables for tests and for operation.

I have connected camera to 12V power (instead of 48V PoE) and results much more stable, picture attached.
IMG_7273.PNG
May the problem in the internal power convertor? How possible to check it?

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you use dielectric grease on the connectors? If not the corrosion might be on the cam side contacts.
I cleaned mine with a cut down pencil eraser and re-greased them.

I too had the same problem w/ a different brand of cams.

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you use dielectric grease on the connectors? If not the corrosion might be on the cam side contacts.
I cleaned mine with a cut down pencil eraser and re-greased them.

I too had the same problem w/ a different brand of cams.
Thanks, but it not a case we have 33 pcs of such cameras in the networks - all of them making reboot. We have also many 2347G1 in the same network - no-one reboots.
In our office we use gold-plated Cat7 cables, problem is really not in cables/connectors.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like a ground issue in the electric then. Perhaps one too many LED bulbs have been introduced into the electric circuitry and is causing an issue.

I had something like that happen - I have 15 light sockets in outside fixtures that were incandescent bulbs that I was switching to LED as they went out. 12 LED Bulbs were fine. Added a 13th and would get a pulsating that would be just enough to reboot the cameras, yet everything else in the house was fine. Went back to 12 and they were all good again. Traced it back to the light switch not having a ground wire. Replaced the switch and all has been fine since and can run all LED bulbs.

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sounds like a ground issue in the electric then. Perhaps one too many LED bulbs have been introduced into the electric circuitry and is causing an issue.
Interesting. It looks that I have to send all 33 pcs buck to seller since the cameras working perfect in the same network.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting. It looks that I have to send all 33 pcs buck to seller since the cameras working perfect in the same network.
I mean the actual electricity of the building and a ground issue there. The cameras may be fine.

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I mean the actual electricity of the building and a ground issue there. The cameras may be fine.
Now one camera is in another location. Still few reboots during night (picture). Camera has SD-card and ANR activated - there are not network faults.
IMG_7274.PNG

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did anyone ask if PoE switch power budget limit is an issue?

Also if all of them reboot, and we have sold more than 500 pieces of this model. I have never had problem with multiple cameras on the same location. It is usually sign that its something with wiring or location wise issue.

If other cameras work its not an indication that all of those who do not. Some hardware is more sensitive than other. Specially nowdays with chip shortage.

As i stated in other thread, older models were alot more durable than models made nowdays.

Cheers