Camera error's and not recording

pieman16

n3wb
Reaction score
My ip address did change when comcrap did their hard reset but hasn't changed since.
Camera's should be fixed. Meaning they don't change. I have some wyze cams that give some issues but I know why they are being a pain.
If I force a trigger I get a Front_Of_house Clip: write error 80000013, undefined

pieman16

n3wb
Reaction score
Because it's on my server. BI is on my laptop that's all it does is BI nothing else. Then BI saves everything to unraid (server). The hard drive in the server is not part of the array it is it's own hard drive. Should i map the drive on the laptop and give it a letter?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Like I said, writing directly to an array, no matter how you define it, it is still a remote drive. That, in itself, is problematic and unreliable. You can check the credentials, again, used to access that drive and exactly how your laptop is pointed to it, IE the path in the clips and archiving tab. Also, running BI on a laptop is another plan doomed to failure. Even if BI is not constantly writing video it is constantly analyzing video. That will push the processor and in a laptop it will end up being throttled back by heat.

pieman16

n3wb
Reaction score
This drive isn’t part of the array. There is a way to tell unraid that the drive I am using isn’t in the array. It is like this. Think of the array as c:\ that’s your array. The blue iris drive would be separate from the array it would be say D:\ not part of the array.
The laptop is an ASUS ROG laptop so it’s a little more then a normal laptop. Never had any heating issues ever.
Here is a picture of how the server works.

Attachments

pieman16

n3wb
Reaction score
So would it be better to write to the laptop? Laptop only has 2 1tb drives? And say screw the server?

pieman16

n3wb
Reaction score
I also have my desktop with a ryzen 7 that can run circles around the laptop. I can upgrade one of it’s hard drives but I use that to play games and office work.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Given you're only writing alerts, which you could limit to one hour rather than a few minutes to reduce the number of files for simplicity sake, you can write to the laptop and limit the files by age, say two or three days depending on how much activity, or by size allocation which is probably a better choice, and then move them to "stored" on you server. That is the type of operation an array controller is designed for. Again, a remote drive in an array box is an array drive for all intents and purposes in this kind of application.

Frankly, you'd be better off getting a refurb from Dell, HP or Lenovo and be done with it. Then you have onboard drive space and can record 24/7. Keep the laptop for gaming and office work and let BI be a standalone machine. Less aggravation and more reliability in the long run.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That's kind of light for BI. I'd say 6th generation minimum, that's a 2nd generation.

Out of curiosity can you manually copy a file from the laptop into the New folder on the remote drive?

pieman16

n3wb
Reaction score
That's kind of light for BI. I'd say 6th generation minimum, that's a 2nd generation.

Out of curiosity can you manually copy a file from the laptop into the New folder on the remote drive?
Ahh haa no one can write to it. There is the problem. I didn’t think of that. Stupid. I should of thought of that first. Stupid me.
Thanks for all of your help.

pieman16

n3wb
Reaction score
Woot got her working. I unmounted and remounted the drive a few times in unraid. She is working again.

fjih

n3wb
Reaction score
Just FYI, I had a similar looking issue. Posting it here in case someone else comes across it.

I have a similar setup where I write to a network share. Normally I write to the share through its mapped drive path: T:\path\to\write. BI fails to write in this way and produces the same errors in the log as OP found. Use of a UNC path, \\server\path\to\write, works fine.

I have contacted BI about this issue.