Camera for 3rd world installation

woodenfish

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a friend who has a business in West Africa that he would like to protect with some cameras, and I'm wondering what the best approach should be given some limitations.

1. Internet is only available through a 4G LTE hotspot that broadcast WiFi.
2. Unreliable power (power goes in and out)
3. Cost needs to be as low as possible.

Given that my friend wants to be able to view the cameras remotely, and keep his cost relatively low, what would be the recommended approach. Running BI on a PC would be out of the question due to power issues. Would running a local NVR be the best bet, or perhaps to keep cost low we get some cameras that need regular power line, and put SD cards in them?

I look forward to your response.

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi
Have a friend in same situation in North Africa
I advise him to buy IPC-HDW5231R-ZE for outside, IPC-HDBW4231F-AS for inside and NVR5216-4KS2 for nvr.
For network use a POE switch to connect cams, nvr and router. The 4G modem has to be connected to the router.
Regarding power, use an inline UPS power supply. You can also add solar pannel but need to calculate the total power consumtion of your installation.

Of course, your friend has to paid the price to have the quality of these good devices, it is like an investment