camera for a lighted front door

JasonS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Andy is involved in the forums, gives members discounts and just generally contributes to the community here. He's a solid guy and business owner that takes care of us.

THAT'S why we patronize him.
of course...

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm "unwatching" this thread.
I keep getting new post notifications just to find it's only another snippy comeback or something nothing to do with the topic.
This seems to happen a lot of the threads eventually which is a shame because then it makes digging through for the good useful information difficult to find in some of the longer threads and degrades the quality of the site overall.

Can we please just stick to informative Q&A and keep personal snips and hurt ego out of it?
If someone posts a snotty remark or question, just don't respond.
When it gets to this point can't a moderator just kill the tread?

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Back on the topic of a camera for your lit front door I am using a pair 4MP Dahuas on my front porch which has sensor lights. They give me nice clean images by day and night. The starlight will let you run more shutter speed / less gain with the same amount of light and that may be a win for you, the obvious drawback being less pixels per metre.

Megapixels dont mean shit.. I say for the 100th time this month.
I bet you wouldn't say that when looking at a recording of a well lit scene captured by some ancient D1 Camera with a wide angle lens recorded at 2CIF. Old swann crap I'm looking at you.

Joshua R.

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a double standard here ???
You can order from eagle vision on aliexpress who has over 3000 reviews with a 98% rating and cheaper than andy.
Yet this forum is loyal to andy and his sales.

(full disclosure... I tried to order from andy but he said he was out of stock. I literally tried to get an order in for over a week)

DO NOT ORDER FROM EAGLE VISION SECURITY. I ordered a camera on april 23 and they claimed that the post office did not notify them that the package was cancelled. They were waiting for me to forget about the transaction. I messaged them with 5 days left to dispute. They claimed to have reshipped by dhl express and posted a tracking number, but 6 days later, dhl states they have not physically received the package. I saw another post about a similar buyer having this experience as well. They are also pressuring me to close the dispute even though once I close, i cannot reopen a dispute. The seller eagle vision security should not be trusted. I'm still waiting for aliexpress to approve a refund through the dispute process.