Camera Image Settings

Sybaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've had my setup for over a year, even caught a burglar last November (he's doing 12 months and 24 months home det)

When I put everything together I just connected it and let it run, didn't adjust the camera settings , e.g. frame rate (didn't know you could) and haven't upgraded firmware.

Recently I connected my NVR to my PC with a cross-over cable and have accessed all the other stuff through IVMS4000.

My night vision is a bit grainy. I imagine added IR lighting would help but was wondering what others with similar cams had for their settings. These are the image options displayed to me:

Stream Type
Bit Rate
Video Quality
Frame Rate
Video Type
Max Bit Rate
Resolution
I Frame Interval

thanks
Syb

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Screenshot and whatever you currently have these set to might help.

Everyone's situation is different and requires different settings.

Sybaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
okay here's a capture from tonight and the settings:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What's the camera? It's the image settings that need tweaking. Have you got a screenshot of that?

What is that big white thing on the right? Is that a light? It looks like it and that's blinding your camera a little.

Sybaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the camera is a DS-2CD2232-I5

Yes, it is a light to the right but the video is noisey with it on or not.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's going to be a bit noisy but that light isn't going to help, ideally need physically pan camera left a bit.

The trees in the background are too far away and it's too dark over there. The IR isn't going to be able to reflect back and that's why it's noisy.

If you post image settings you can improve this but tweaking WDR, exposure setting etc but it will always be a bit noisy. And that camera is one of the best IR cameras I have used.

Sybaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Where do I tweak WDR?

In my Image Settings the only options I get are for brightness, contrast, sharpness ...

Sybaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Settings>Image>Backlight
I don't see that anywhere.

My configuration is PC>NVR>Cameras. The gear is not on a switch or router. So I am assuming that option is only accessible through the camera itself. If I understand it correctly IVMS4200 only allows remote configuration of the camera via the NVR and your options are limited to what IVMS4200 provides.

I'm no IT expert so is there a way in my present config to access the cameras directly?

thanks

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes my apologies I was adding on to Del Boy's comment about logging into the camera directly. If you hooked the NVR up to the PC, should be able to access it directly using the IP address of the camera. If not, plug it directly into an open port on the router and then access it.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My configuration is PC>NVR>Cameras. The gear is not on a switch or router. So I am assuming that option is only accessible through the camera itself
For other detailed camera config requirements - does your 7604 have the 'Virtual Host' option?
Network | Advanced settings | Other then an enable tickbox.
If you do have that, check the right-hand column of Camera Management for the set of links direct to the cameras.