Camera inside garage....

StangJr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey folks.

New here and working on getting cameras. Starting one by one for now. Right now I have couple Amcrest ProHD, and they work great. Only issue is I want to put one inside the garage, and here in Dallas, the heat gets up there in the summer and the Amcrest will shut off when it gets hot.

Any recommendations for camera in the garage:

Need to be able to take the heat/cold
and be able to record sound

I use synology, so I would need to make sure camera is compatible with it.

thanks

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision turret in my garage in Dallas area with no problem. I previously had a cheap Longse that kept crapping out and had to replace it.

StangJr

n3wb
Reaction score
I was looking at the dome one from Amcrest but did not see where it could record audio. That's main thing I want is to be able to record audio as well as take the cold/heat. I wouldn't know how to search the camera's that Andy has that has audio. Once I get around getting camera's for outside the house, audio is not needed, but I do want it for inside garage.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was looking at the dome one from Amcrest but did not see where it could record audio. That's main thing I want is to be able to record audio as well as take the cold/heat. I wouldn't know how to search the camera's that Andy has that has audio. Once I get around getting camera's for outside the house, audio is not needed, but I do want it for inside garage.
HI StangJr,

Yes that should do audio - just need to click the proper box on the interface of the camera / nvr / vms software..

Another Starlight option is the IPC-HDW42xx model - it also has audio - nice low light camera - the 3.6mm lens or stronger for suspects not directly in front of the camera

If you want domes the Amcrest 8MP dome iirc also has audio - sometimes it is on sale for the $120 area... ( currently onsale plus 10% off with cyber week code... $129.99 - 10% at amcrest's website - IP8M-2493E )

lol.. maybe this PTZ.. Amcrest ProHD Indoor WiFi PTZ - I recall seeing Nayr have a Dahua OEM one by his front door... ( $150 -10% now... )

Too bad the Hikvision OEM 1080P cube for $50 sold out.. that would have been a good option

Last edited:

StangJr

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks peeps...

I put in order

was checking shipping details, says 6-10 days. Is that 6-10 when it gets to the states, or is that total time

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks peeps...

I put in order

was checking shipping details, says 6-10 days. Is that 6-10 when it gets to the states, or is that total time
If in stock, that will be total time (or less) as long as you used the default (DHL) shipping method.