Camera IO to trigger record on all cameras

enabl3D

n3wb
Reaction score
Here's what i'm trying to accomplish: record on all cameras if motion detected and my alarm system is armed.
My NVR has no IO interface so I plan to buy a Hik camera with IO option and interface it to my alarm's output contact. I think i can handle this portion... the question is will this alarm trigger on "Cam 1" be visible to all the other cameras so they also start recording if motion is detected?

Thanks

cctvnerd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
With the right NVR and right support for the camera you can use the camera input as a general input on the NVR for triggering events like motion detection or activating/deactivating schedule for recording...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
the question is will this alarm trigger on "Cam 1" be visible to all the other cameras so they also start recording if motion is detected?
Assuming it's a Hikvision NVR - in the 'Trigger channel' settings for en event, it's possible to trigger any or all of the other configured channels.

enabl3D

n3wb
Reaction score
The NVR is DS-7608-E2+8P and I plan on buying DS-2CD2532F-IS

cctvnerd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you look at the data sheet of the NVR you will find out that you have 4 inputs and 1 output. So you can connect your alarm system directly to the NVR if 4 inputs are enough for you...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess Laview dumb down their version by removing the IOs.
The Hikvision model number would have a /A suffix if it had the optional alarm I/O, for example DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A
You will know if your NVR has alarm I/O by looking at the back panel for the green connectors for the alarm wiring.