Camera IP changed on it's own

Andykev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A few days ago my IP address for CAM 1 changed on it's own to the IP address for CAM 2. I am only running two Uniview 4K cameras on BI with CPAI. Never a problem.
We were not home, so I can't understand why CAM 1 suddenly began recording with the IP of CAM 2...so I ended up with duplicate recordings of the same feed.
The BI log showed nothing, no indication of what happened. The database is fine, no issues. It was a simple fix to go into BI control panel and change the IP back to 192.168.1.XXX.
Any idea of why this happened or has anyone else experienced this? Only negative is that for the 4 hours we were away, nothing was recorded to BI for CAM 1.
(The separate software for Uniview - EZView worked normally so it was not a camera issue....).

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you on a version newer than 5.6.2? If so that could be the reason.

If not, then make sure your cameras are set to static IP addresses.

Andykev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BTW I am using Ubiquiti UDM and the cameras are set to fixed IP's.

I went back and looked at the BI Log again and the IP showed access by the IP for my Iphone... but I have no idea why that happened. I did not log in remotely that morning.
Stumped.

Andykev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am on 5.7.9.6 Here is the BI log and it changed the IP to something I do not have... 192.168.0.13

Attachments

Andykev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Go back. Read post 2 then fix your problem...
Excellent information. My search words did not pull up this known issue (I tried looking first before posting).
So I can roll back, should it be 5.6.2 or an earlier version? He said "newer than" so I want to be sure. I don't
need to be a "beta tester" :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent information. My search words did not pull up this known issue (I tried looking first before posting).
So I can roll back, should it be 5.6.2 or an earlier version? He said "newer than" so I want to be sure. I don't
need to be a "beta tester" :)
Why would you roll back? The later releases are no longer beta. The update page tells you the latest stable version Again, read the post, you simply need to uncheck an option. Blue Iris is changing IP addresses randomly

Otherwise you would be going back on one year of updates...just uncheck the box.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Think you meant check the box in this case vs uncheck.