Camera Issue

a0k47

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Having so much issues with my first Hikvision system. Ordered a NVR and 2 3MP dome camera's from aliexpress. The issue I'm having is that camera's are not detecting on the NVR. Tried to active the camera's in the windows program iVMS-4200 but the "Activate" button is grayed out and I can't log into the camera because I don't have the password and cant change it to "strong password". I'm just really confused what I'm doing wrong. I have noticed that my camera's sticker says that the firmware is V5.4.24build170303 but when I view it in iVMS-4200 says its V5.4.23build 161020. Is it possible that 5.4.23 is not compatible with my NVR version of 3.4.92. Any help or pointing me to the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Camera's
DS-2CD2135F-IS
V5.4.24build 170303 (stickers says)
V5.4.23build 161020 (iVMS-4200 says)

NVR
DS-7604NI-E1/4P
V3.4.92build 170228
upload_2017-6-10_14-24-13.png

upload_2017-6-10_14-23-19.png

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Tried to active the camera's in the windows program iVMS-4200 but the "Activate" button is grayed out and I can't log into the camera because I don't have the password and cant change it to "strong password".
Your cameras are on the LAN, not plugged in to the NVR PoE ports?
With a 4-channel NVR with 4 PoE ports you will not be able to connect LAN-based cameras without changing the mode of one of the PoE channels to 'Manual' and giving it the camera IP address on the LAN.

Which you can't do, as the NVR and cameras are on different IP address ranges.
If you can't log in to the cameras with the browser (what is the IP address of the PC? Does it match that of the cameras, or the NVR) then:
I'd speculate that the seller has already set a password on the cameras if they are showing as 'Active'.

a0k47

n3wb
Reaction score
I added it to my LAN to see if I can log into them directly and I can but again I don't know the password to login. And when I have plug and play set up on my nvr with the cameras plugged in 'I'm getting "Offline - user password error" yet the password and username is grayed out. Am I missing a step?

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you didn't mount it yet, to open the dome and find that reset button (remove the inner black piece and you should see it) next to the SD card slot, then after reset it should be 'inactive' and you can activate it with your own password .
How to reset :
turn off the power for camera, press down on reset button, power on camera WHILE holding down the reset button and hold for 10-15 seconds then let go...if you see 192.0.0.64 you should have reset it. good luck!

Steven

n3wb
Reaction score
When you connect a none-activated cameare to a NVR with built-in PoE, the cameras normaly copy the login info that you`ve used for the NVR.

AKV

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have 7608NI-E2/8P Hikvision NVR, my set up was working fine including in remote viewing. Except for 1 out of 7 IP cameras.
In live view 7 cameras are working normal and fine.
However 1 of the camera isn't viewing in remote viewing via Hik-Connect.

I raised the issue to Hikvision support.
Got some advices.
Im not sure if i followed the instruction correctly, maybe no.
Unfortunately non of the cameras isnt working afterwards.

Camera status is showing "Offline User Password Error".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

a0k47

n3wb
Reaction score
My issue was they changed the default password so contact your seller and ask what password was set on that camera

Would also try all default passwords, see if you can log into it directly

AKV

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi aOk47, how do you mean default password and log into it directly?