Camera keeps changing ip adress

Niren

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I just have added a hikvision 2cd2 version camera to my collection. This is the first one I use on wifi without a cable.

The wifi connection works just fine (range indicator arround 90%) the only problem is it keeps changing random the ip adress afther a couple off days. The only way to connect again is to connect a cable. SADP and also the ivms program can not find the camera anymore on WLAN.

The LAN ip adress stays the same but the WLAN ip adresses changes to the most strangly numbers. I have set the default WLAN to 192.168.2.16. Sometimes it changes to 192.168.2.19 and sometimes the ip adress begins with 525.1.... I have also noticed that the WLAN is disconected when this problem shows up.

I have tried to give it a static ip adress with the MAC adress in my router with dhcp on, dhcp off, without MAC adress nothing works. It's fine for a couple off days but then it randomly changes again.

Someone has any ideas?

Thanks for your time...

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
It's not possible for any portion of the ip address to be greater than 255, so if it's showing 525.1..., something is pretty sick.

rnatalli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is this an Xfinity router by any chance? I've noticed their routers will sometimes forget static addresses for some reason.