camera model?

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
without having to climb up into the roof of the house to inspect the camera is there a way to tell what model dahua camera it is? is there a way to tell from the serial number?

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If it's an IP camera, you can check it on its web interface.

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
meant to edit my post after. that's what i thought also unless i am looking in the wrong area. my other dahua cam says the device type under information then version but this one does not.

Attachments

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Enable ONVIF and use ONVIF Device Manager.
Check identification and find if model it is correct if not check what firmware it has, after that you can search for model

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
that's what i thought also unless i am looking in the wrong area. my other dahua cam says the device type under information then version but this one does not.
That's the correct area.
But this looks like a Dahua OEM model as opposed to straight Dahua.
The Dahua logo is missing.

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Enable ONVIF and use ONVIF Device Manager.
Check identification and find if model it is correct if not check what firmware it has, after that you can search for model
I have searched the Dahua site with the firmware version and it comes up with nothing. Also did a general search and didn't get any good results. Will try the ONVIF Device manager if I can't find the info. Thanks.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
This is an easy reply - Look where you purchased it from and get the description :)

Last edited:

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is an easy reply - Look where you purchased it from and get the description :)
That is probly what I'll do if the ONVIF Device manager doesn't work. Andy said if I sent him a photo he could tell me.