Camera motion triggering motion within BI

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I have started putting SD cards in my cameras and setting them to record motion, but I have noticed this is triggering BI to record. I assume it is registering this as an ONVIF trigger? Is there a way to disable to trigger for motion but keep the triggers for IVS rules?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have started putting SD cards in my cameras and setting them to record motion, but I have noticed this is triggering BI to record. I assume it is registering this as an ONVIF trigger? Is there a way to disable to trigger for motion but keep the triggers for IVS rules?
nope

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Whats wrong with having the SD card record the IVS triggers?

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Whats wrong with having the SD card record the IVS triggers?
Not all of them have IVS rules set up, so I have turned on motion within the camera to record to the SD card. I did not know this would trigger BI as well.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So you were not using the cameras to trigger BI and was using BI motion?

If so turn off pull ONVIF triggers in BI on those cameras.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I use BI motion for everything.

I turned on camera motion just to record to the SD cards as a back up.

Some of the cameras are sending IVS/ONVIF alerts to BI, so I can't just turn it off all together.

I will turn off motion for now until I get IVS rules in place, and then just use those.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I use BI motion for everything.

I turned on camera motion just to record to the SD cards as a back up.

Some of the cameras are sending IVS/ONVIF alerts to BI, so I can't just turn it off all together.

I will turn off motion for now until I get IVS rules in place, and then just use those.
If you dont use the camera to trigger BI simply disable onvif triggers in BI. Done.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Can’t you make use of the recent updates re ONVIF to actually only trigger on events that you want?

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Can’t you make use of the recent updates re ONVIF to actually only trigger on events that you want?
Possibly. I do believe I downloaded that update but was waiting a bit since it seemed as if everyone was having issues with it.