Camera mount on eves

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Installing some colorvu or nitecolor cameras with junction boxes on a soffit or eve. Would like it to be a bit lower to prevent light reflection. Any ideas on how to lower the box. Has to look nice, the in laws are picky as hell

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is my ColorVu with no junction box. I only have IR feedback due to the camera's right side facing the soffit which is above a door that I wanted to have covered by the cam

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is my ColorVu with no junction box. I only have IR feedback due to the camera's right side facing the soffit which is above a door that I wanted to have covered by the cam
hi @coney27

How much lower do you want to make it?

If only 1-2" I would cut a section of wood from a 2"x6", drill a hole in the middle for the cables to pass through, paint it and use it as a mounting "block" - but that only drops the camera down 1.5"

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
hi @coney27

How much lower do you want to make it?

If only 1-2" I would cut a section of wood from a 2"x6", drill a hole in the middle for the cables to pass through, paint it and use it as a mounting "block" - but that only drops the camera down 1.5"
I'm satisfied with my mount. I was explaining to @pal251 I only have some slight IR feedback and that's due to deciding that I wanted the camera covering a door. If I had not covered the door IR feedback would be a non issue. Thanks for the advice though