Camera not outputting standard video

Reaction score
At my workplace we have a Hikevision DVR and a mixes camera types plugged into it. I had to move some of these to an analog encoder. Most non Hikevision cameras worked but the Hike Turbo HD looks all grey and it seems like the contents of the frame are showing three times. I tested with a portable monitor to make sure it wasn't the cable and the portable monitor showed the same thing. Are Hikevision cameras outputting NTSC analog or some other standard?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
At my workplace we have a Hikevision DVR and a mixes camera types plugged into it. I had to move some of these to an analog encoder. Most non Hikevision cameras worked but the Hike Turbo HD looks all grey and it seems like the contents of the frame are showing three times. I tested with a portable monitor to make sure it wasn't the cable and the portable monitor showed the same thing. Are Hikevision cameras outputting NTSC analog or some other standard?
Those are TVI cameras and therefore require a tvi dvr or encorder. The cameras can also be set to output cvbs see the owners manual.

Reaction score
Those are TVI cameras and therefore require a tvi dvr or encorder. The cameras can also be set to output cvbs see the owners manual.
Thanks for the pointer. I finally got it. The manual was pretty useless. They show the switch cable but never elaborate as to it's purpose. I found the details on another post.