Camera not uploading images to FTP servers during some parts of the day

Reaction score
I've got three Hikvision cameras, all different models, in use. One reliably uploads images during all times of the day, but the other two are not uploading images from mid-morning to mid-afternoon. I've gone through all the settings a bunch of time and verified that the FTP settings are correct and that test files (sent from the camera FTP settings tab) are successfully uploaded during these hours. I've also looked over the FTP server settings, and all looks good there. Anyone have a similar experience and find a way to resolve the issue?

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I solved the issue with one camera by switching to SFTP. However, the other camera has an older firmware that does not yet offer SFTP capability, and yet ironically, it is a newer generation camera.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was wrong about switching to SFTP fixing the issue. The camera still stops sending images after about 8 am, and then doesn't resume until later in the day. The outage seems to vary depending on the day of the week, but I have checked and reset the image record schedule several times. I guess no one else is having this issue?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is the FTP server on the LAN or the internet?
If the internet - have you checked if there is any congestion during the times in question?

Reaction score
Is the FTP server on the LAN or the internet?
If the internet - have you checked if there is any congestion during the times in question?
Its on the LAN. I have plenty of slots available on the account being used on the FTP server. To help try to narrow down the issue, I just switched the two misbehaving cameras over to another FTP server that I just set up.