camera picture blemish. not sure if it is IR or something else

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thoughts on the blemish? it is not there in the daytime. i moved the camera right because at first i thought the washout was from the camera pointing directly at and reflecting off of the taillights of the SUV. moving right you can see the car now clear but the blemish moves. think it is IR reflect off of the eave of the house? coincidentally i cannot get this camera to auto trigger on motion detection day or night either. posting on that in the BI section.

Attachments

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What kind of cam is that? Looks to me to be a dome cam that has IR reflecting back from dome itself.

Sentusing Tapatalk

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Now knowing that it is a bullet cam and not a dome (and an un-named cam at that) it isn't likely from a dome reflecting back.

I would take that cam down and inspect the glass on the front to see if there is a small gap between the glass and lens shroud itself. Any small space between them can cause similar problems.

Also, what are the chances that you can send back the cameras you purchased? Hikvision and Dahua are great, reliable brand names for IP cams.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks ruppmeister. i just bought these and have not even unboxed all of them. they are already working an RMA to return NVR/POE switch as the search/playback is atrocious. and i found BI. i am honestly considering doing that - just telling them to take it all back. i have one other camera that kills all cameras when i put it online (they all come with same static IP) but i have changed the others. i am a net engineer, so i know about messing with this kind of stuff. i chose this in haste and fortunately have a 30 day money back guarantee. fenderman has made some good recommendations on cameras but they are not available yet. i need to get this up and going so i may have to find something in between these and his suggestion.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks ruppmeister. i just bought these and have not even unboxed all of them. they are already working an RMA to return NVR/POE switch as the search/playback is atrocious. and i found BI. i am honestly considering doing that - just telling them to take it all back. i have one other camera that kills all cameras when i put it online (they all come with same static IP) but i have changed the others. i am a net engineer, so i know about messing with this kind of stuff. i chose this in haste and fortunately have a 30 day money back guarantee. fenderman has made some good recommendations on cameras but they are not available yet. i need to get this up and going so i may have to find something in between these and his suggestion.
You can have IR refelction with bullets as well...regadless, send these back asap..if you need it asap, get the hikvision 3mp or better yet the qsee 4mp kit from costco...

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks. after finding BI, i really have no interest in the kits with an NVR. i am quite impressed with this software. is there a particular HK 3mp to look at? there seem to be some many. i may get one and start working with it until the others come out and then transition it to inside to replace my pitifil foscam i have had for years.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks. after finding BI, i really have no interest in the kits with an NVR. i am quite impressed with this software. is there a particular HK 3mp to look at? there seem to be some many. i may get one and start working with it until the others come out and then transition it to inside to replace my pitifil foscam i have had for years.
There are tons of threads on the hiks...just dont keep the cameras your purchased......http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/257-Good-source-to-buy-IP-items-at..
NOTE: You can use the NVR in the kit as a backup recording device, hidden in another room in the house...