Camera reboots when BI shuts down ...

Cyclone

n3wb
Reaction score
Firstly i have a number of computers running BI.
I've just installed a no name brand IP PTZ camera with day/night function.
All is well, except when i shut down one of the BI computers during the night (only used for viewing only)
The new IP camera's IR filter is turned on (the picture goes from black and white to dark (no night vision)

Is it possible for BI to send a command out when shutting down, or does anyone else have any other solutions ???

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Firstly i have a number of computers running BI.
I've just installed a no name brand IP PTZ camera with day/night function.
All is well, except when i shut down one of the BI computers during the night (only used for viewing only)
The new IP camera's IR filter is turned on (the picture goes from black and white to dark (no night vision)

Is it possible for BI to send a command out when shutting down, or does anyone else have any other solutions ???
delete the camera from the offending computer and add it back...
you dont need to have a separate instance of blue iris running simply to view the cameras..you can use the webserver...

Cyclone

n3wb
Reaction score
delete the camera from the offending computer and add it back...
you dont need to have a separate instance of blue iris running simply to view the cameras..you can use the webserver...
Hello, I've deleted once already, i can try again.
The webserver require user and password when i first boot.

Last edited:

Cyclone

n3wb
Reaction score
I'll give the UI3 a go.
Whats happening is the camera is rebooting ...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris shutting down shouldn't cause cameras to reboot. Indeed it should have no effect on the camera at all except to lighten its CPU and network load a little.

Cyclone

n3wb
Reaction score
I've changed the title.
I can confirm the camera reboots when BI shuts down, on my other computers running BI this does not happen.
My next option is to swipe windows and re install and start again

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've changed the title.
I can confirm the camera reboots when BI shuts down, on my other computers running BI this does not happen.
My next option is to swipe windows and re install and start again
i would start with simply resinstalling bi, but more importantly, consider using the webserver..it is much more efficient than running BI on multiple machines

Cyclone

n3wb
Reaction score
After more test, all of the other BI computers does reboot the computer.

in the video path i change the IP camera from 1/h264major to 1/h264minor on the one only BI computer and it appears to stop the reboot of IP camera ?!??!