Camera Recommendation

jrich523

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I hate to make a post like this, but you guys have been awesome about providing links to aliexpress unbranded cameras, and I dont understand the specs/details well enough to do that on my own.

There are two camera's im looking for;

Both camera's need the following features:
-POE
-Night Vision

Camera 1 - Inside Garage:

I'd like to have a camera in my garage (800 sqft), which has two bays on the front wall, and then two doors on the back wall, one in each corner (one to back yard, one to house), basically making entry at all edges of the room. Are there any good 180 degree wide angle lenses that are horribly fisheye? Ideally I'd like it to be mounted to the wall rather than ceiling (ceiling can be done but will be much harder to run the wire. The primary use will probably be me check if i forgot to close a door so image quality doesnt have to be super duper.

Camera 2 - Indoor PTZ Recessed Dome Camera

I'd like to get a camera at the top of the stairs looking down at the front door. Its a second floor so it needs good visibility (day and night) for only about 30ft or so. Because of where i'll be mounting it having 360 degree control would be a bonus (~340 would be completely acceptable).

In both cases I'd like to keep the cost around $100 each but Im willing to go up to $150.

I really appreciate the assistance with this.

Thank you,
Justin

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Justin,

Lots of options - you don't say much about brand or resolution.

Recently I saw a good sale on a 2 pack of rebranded Hikvision manual varifocal 3MP dome camera from LaView for $139:
LaView LaView IP Cameras

Granted they are not PTZ however the price meets your specs and they should work fine.

Hopefully others have additional suggestions.

jrich523

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry, few more details i should have added.

I currently have 2 unbranded hikvision turret PTZ cameras and a Dahua mini wedge, all POE.
Using BlueIris to manage all of them.

I dont think those will cut it for either place unfortunately.

For the garage since its not PTZ and not wide angle it wont be able to cover all entrance and for the other it might be ok but i'd prefer PTZ and recessed. Would like to make that as hidden as possible.

The unbranded Hikvision camera's i got from aliexpress were like ~$130 for what cost at least $450 for the branded version in the US. I hope to find something similar again.

Thanks for the reply!