Camera recommendations (bullet style)

benali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I’m currently using 4 hikvision bullets connected to my synology NAS:
It’s a pretty basic domestic home set-up where I just want to keep an eye on things and give me a basic level of security.
The cameras I’ve got are all getting a little old with debatable security issues on the firmware.
2 are Chinese DS-2CD2035-I which can’t be upgraded from V5.4.20 I believe.
2 are Chinese DS-2CD2032-I not sure if they can be upgraded from V5.4.5 or if they need to be.
Camera motion detection is set within the cameras, but tbh its a pain to get set up working reliably day and night etc
Anyway, I’m just wondering if there is a more modern equivalent to these cameras which will potentially give me better and more reliable results.
What is a good alternative bullet style and will they offer much of an upgrade on these old hiks?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I’m currently using 4 hikvision bullets connected to my synology NAS:
It’s a pretty basic domestic home set-up where I just want to keep an eye on things and give me a basic level of security.
The cameras I’ve got are all getting a little old with debatable security issues on the firmware.
2 are Chinese DS-2CD2035-I which can’t be upgraded from V5.4.20 I believe.
2 are Chinese DS-2CD2032-I not sure if they can be upgraded from V5.4.5 or if they need to be.
Camera motion detection is set within the cameras, but tbh its a pain to get set up working reliably day and night etc
Anyway, I’m just wondering if there is a more modern equivalent to these cameras which will potentially give me better and more reliable results.
What is a good alternative bullet style and will they offer much of an upgrade on these old hiks?
Welcome @benali

Definitely good to look at larger sensor new IP cameras ..

in general if you need low light performance the 4MP and 1/1.8" sensor models are well liked, and the 8MP 1/1.2" sensor models.

Avoid imho the smaller sensor cameras .. ( 1/3", 1/2.8" .. )

1668197633417.png

Attachments

Last edited:

benali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok thanks I will read through all the reviews