Camera Settings in Blue Iris

Philly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Could you please let me know how to usually change the camera settings (Exposure, Day & Night, Color & WB). Do you change it in a SmartPSS since BI don't have that feature.

Also, could you please advise on how to isolate Cameras via Router settings from the Internet since they are connected via Switch directly to the Internet.

Thank you!

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I change the camera settings by using a web browser and connecting directly to the camera. SmartPSS is another way, but I’m not 100% sure it shows all of the cameras settings.

Your last question entirely depends on your specific router model.

Philly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you! In a browser, I see the settings but the "Video" from the Camera is blocked by something and is not visible. I've tried to open in IE and not sure what might be the issue. I can see the Cam Video via SmartPSS though.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Browsers require that you install a plugin before they can stream the video directly from the camera. It’s a pain, IMO. You should be able so make setting changes on the camera without the plugin though.

Philly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've tried plugin but it doesn't work for some reason. I can change some settings but trying to adjust Video features and without seeing video streaming it's hard. Do you know if something else is blocking video streaming?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried plugin but it doesn't work for some reason. I can change some settings but trying to adjust Video features and without seeing video streaming it's hard. Do you know if something else is blocking video streaming?
you are not using IE. You must use IE or some of the other alternatives. You are likely using Edge. Type internet explorer into your search bar in the start menu.

Philly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you are not using IE. You must use IE or some of the other alternatives. You are likely using Edge. Type internet explorer into your search bar in the start menu.
Thank you, will try again in IE. I've also tried Chrome with Plugin installed without success.

Philly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It worked thank you ;) Quick question: Do you usually recommend to "check" or "uncheck" Auto Reboot in Camera Settings and auto-update/install in Blue Iris please? :banghead:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It worked thank you ;) Quick question: Do you usually recommend to "check" or "uncheck" Auto Reboot in Camera Settings and auto-update/install in Blue Iris please? :banghead:
I think most folks here would recommend unchecking both of those boxes.