Camera settings with nvr

Luniz97

n3wb
Reaction score
Am i better off overall just scrapping my lorex nvr and starting over with another nvr?

gansle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Am i better off overall just scrapping my lorex nvr and starting over with another nvr?
Can u return it? I started off with 4 cam lorex from bjs 5 years ago after suspect showed up at my house taking pics sfter being released on bail. I wanted a 30x ptz and be ug and play like dahua so i returned it and built my own system from wrightwood surveilance before i found ipcam talk. I just got my father 4k nvr and 2 cams from andy 2 months ago.

Luniz97

n3wb
Reaction score
No, I have had it for 5 months now and all the wiring is inside the attic etc. Cheaper for me to just put in new cameras that are POE.

gansle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, I have had it for 5 months now and all the wiring is inside the attic etc. Cheaper for me to just put in new cameras that are POE.
Mat200 said u can add dahua cams to lorex nvr. Maybe buy 1 lpr cam and add it. Check out bigredfish youtube channel. He has awesome videos of that cam and a 4mp starlight bullet which i will buy when i upgrade my nvr to 4k.

Luniz97

n3wb
Reaction score
What NVR has good AI detection of people, cars etc? The wyze ones are amazing for such cheap cameras.

Any NVR's with this type of capability?

gansle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think the 5208p4k2se pro nvr supports AI. I bought this for my father but have not got to checking it out yet.

Luniz97

n3wb
Reaction score
This seems like a pretty good option. NVR4208-8P-I

I’ll look for some in action videos.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
You can definitely add Lorex cams to Dahua NVR or the other way around just remember that Lorex does NOT feature IVS rules so if ever connecting Lorex cams to Dahua NVR you won’t have IVS on those cams