camera setup help needed

Melissa

n3wb
Reaction score

Hi all .
I have 7 Bosh Dinion xf DNIP cameras (NWC - 0495-1DP) and Blue Iris 3.
Ihave them all connected to a Poe switch which in connected to my router (an orange live box) ( I am in France).
My router cannot find the cameras on the network and neither can Blue Iris. I have read that port 80 may beblocked and canyouseeme.org came back with (Error: I could not see your service on 86.203.182.130 on port (80)
Reason: Connection timed out)
I have consulted a local ip ‘so called’ expert and he told me that the cameras themselves have a unknown port number and without it I will have to set them up via a recorder. ?
If any onecan help me get them working it would be amazing, I have had them nearly one year and never had them working properly. I can connect them directly to a monitor and access the gateway/ip address settings and can see the pictureso they do work but getting them on the network seems to be impossible. Thanks for reading, hope someone can help..

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it looks like the cameras dont use DHCP, at least not by default.. they are static configured to 192.168.0.1

If you have a laptop with a Gigabit ethernet port plug the camera directly into the laptop, configure the laptop network to be: 192.168.0.10/255.255.255.0 and then try to connect to 192.168.0.1 in the web browser and then configure it properly for the network its going to be on.. Until you do this you wont find them on your LAN.

Setting up your network settings through the display is another option, but in either case you need to know what settings to put in there or your in for a crash course in networking 101

I found your manual here: http://www.manualowl.com/m/Bosch/NWC-0495-20P/Manual/250760

Melissa

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you Nayr . I have the manual but is no help. I have tried to add static address direct in router but still nothing can be found via browser, not sure what you mean by 'configure it properly' ,

Antitrust

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know about BI specifically, are you trying to connect to the BI computer from outside your network, or each camera individually? Have you configured port forwarding on the router based on the answer of the first question? I would change from port 80 regardless because it may be in use by the router or the ISP may be blocking it + changing it is a tiny bit of extra security by obscurity. Has each camera been configured with a unique IP address that is in the same subnet as the blue iris machine?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Melissa, what nayr is saying is that you need to configure your camera so that your router can recognize it. Your Orange live box, by default is set to an ip address of 192.168.1.1 and therefore the router can "see" devices on a range of say 192.168.1.1 through 192.168.1.200 but you camera by default is set to a static ip address of 192.168.0.1 therefore the router cannot see it. You need to follow his advice and manually change each camera to something like 192.168.1.100, then 192.168.1.101, 102, 103 each one with a unique ip address.

You were trying to log in using an external address which is pointless because you have not been able to connect to your network internally...forget about all that and port 80 blocking until you get your camera set up internally and you can see it in your web browser.

Last edited by a moderator:

Melissa

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, thank you Iunderstood about the camera ip address, they are all set manually with uniqe numbers for example 192.168.1.17 . I have also entered the correct MAC address , sudnetmask and gateway numbers , they are stored on the livebox but still i cannot get anything on browseer or BI ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does blue iris have your camera in the dropdown list? Have you ensured that the username and passwords are entered correctly. Are the port numbers correct? show us a screenshot of your blue iris camera network settings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok, lets try and figure this out 1 step at a time..earlier you stated "they are all set manually with uniqe numbers for example 192.168.1.17 . I have also entered the correct MAC address , sudnetmask and gateway numbers "
How were you able to do this without logging into the camera? Are you referring to router settings? if so that is your issue, you must first log into the camera to change its ip...some manufactures have special tools for this or you need to do what nayr suggested.

Melissa

n3wb
Reaction score
These cameras, when connected directly to a monitor, allow you to access the camera menu to adjust these settings . the settingswere then entered into the router. I have installed a mpeg active x file from Bosch and also had to make some adjustments in Java. It now seems everything is working just fine. Thank you all for your attention ,