camera stopped working

farnk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
My camera, =IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, stopped working. It is outdoors. I cannot even ping it. I have looked at the connection from ethernet to camera to see if it is loose but it wasn't loose. The connection is a bit dirty since it is outdoors. Any ideas on what the issue is or how I could troubleshoot further?
The camera as only been outside since July 2019.

thanks,
Frank

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Likley the cable. Lay a new temporary cable or take it down and use a short pre-made cable and test it.

Assume youre sure nothing changed as far as the network...

farnk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Likley the cable. Lay a new temporary cable or take it down and use a short pre-made cable and test it.

Assume youre sure nothing changed as far as the network...
Thanks. I updated my post. The cable and camera was installed outside on July 2019. Could the cable go out that quick?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
My camera, =IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, stopped working. It is outdoors. I cannot even ping it. I have looked at the connection from ethernet to camera to see if it is loose but it wasn't loose. The connection is a bit dirty since it is outdoors. Any ideas on what the issue is or how I could troubleshoot further?
The camera as only been outside since July 2019.

thanks,
Frank
The connection would not be dirty from being outdoors. You likely have water penetration that caused damage. What did you use to seal the connection?

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
burnt connections, due to moisture getting into the RJ45, is likely the culprit, esp if you're using poe.
Do a searc here for what the contacts look like.
Clean the contactsin both M&F connectors.
Make sure power is reaching the camera. (do you hear the click of the IR filter when turning on the cam during the day? Do you see the glow of the IR LEDs at night?
Bring the camera in and power with the DC connector, not poe, and see if you can ping the camera.
Good luck,
Fastb