Camera system for POS

Reaction score
I have a pc running my POS system. What I'm trying to accomplish is getting my NVR to record the pc activity so I can capture my pos system as well. I'm using the qsee qc8916 NVR and also I have have the qt8716 NVR from qsee as well. I didn't see qsee as a brand of topic here in this forum. I heard qsee is a rebrand of Dahua which I think most people here would be more familiar with. The problem is qsee has two types of NVR series. QC and QT series. I don't know which one is rebranded of dahua or if both are. How could I get these rebranded NVR's to record my monitor w/o pointing a camera at it?

GH75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
From what i understand a POS capture system gets its info from a network or printer port. When the POS prints a receipt, the cctv system captures the receipt and embeds the items onto the video feed.

Is this what you want? If so you probablu need something higjer end then the qsee line

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Not a pos capture where text is displayed but what the monitor displays. like a mirror but thr not would record

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Fenderman posted a couple of possible solutions the other day in this thread- Camera Recommendation for POS stations?

Depending on your screen placement and its movability, you might be able Mickey Mouse things a bit and just focus another cam with a reasonably long lens (varifocal dome to 12mm should work nicely for this) on the POS screen and have it record continuously. When reviewing an employee's actions, play back this screen alongside the wider view. That'd depend on a fixed screen with a path to the cam usually unobstructed by the cashier when doing transactions though.

A splitter like the one you linked to looks like it could work quite nicely though. It looks like it puts out h.264 video so you NVR _should_ be able to add it as an ONVIF h.264 camera if that's what the encoder puts out. I didn't see ONVIF mentioned in the screenshot though. Try contacting the seller and tell them what you're trying to do.

GH75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I saw that linked in the thread kawboy mentioned and it seems like it would work for you. There was also a link to using vlc to screen capture and output to NVR. That seems like that would be a cheap solution that only takes time. The down side is someone could shut vlc down but there are solutions for that as well.

A true POS integration would stamp your camera feed with the purchase and it would also log everything. So you could search for everytime a coke or snickers was sold.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I run a Cellphone retail/repair store, soo too many options for someone to manipulate system. like not putting the right amount of inventory, change price on Phone sale, ring and void, not charge for misc repair, also sometimes the register is short and i would want to record each transaction then match it to another cam that is pointed a the register to get employees actions. we started very small and are growing soo now need to hire more employees.

Reaction score
I tried vlc and I'm pretty sure my nvr doesn't support It. i couldnt get it to work. I didn't see an option where my nvr has a vlc to add.

Although I see onvif.

Pc-cctv is a software that im trying now, and they have an option to use a onvif cam. but still cant seem to get my nvr to register the stream. I input ip address but their are many options such as udp, tcp etc.. I followed instructions as best as i could with no success. I will try to contact them and ask for further Assistance.

If i cant get it to work then I will purchase the splitter mentioned above.

I just feel like the qsee series nvr's are not camera friendly to other manufactures such as other systems like hikivision, making them incompatible with third parties hardware/software

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lts has a system which records the output of the pos onto the NVR but I haven't tried it before. Try to contact milkisbad on this forum