Camera trigger fails to record most of the time

Reaction score
I have 4x Loryta T5442TM-AS cameras running on Blue Iris 5 with AI Tool (VorlonCD). Most of the time when these cameras get triggered, they will show "recording" in BI5 but when the trigger ends, the recorded clip is either 0s or it will show 10s but playback shows "file not found" error message. I tried manually triggering the camera from within BI5 and the same thing happens. About 80% of the clips are non-existent and it's driving me crazy. I also have one Amcrest IP5M-T1179EW that has no issues whatsoever, all clips are recorded when triggered (AI or manual) and can be played back. All these cameras have the same setting in BI5, I set up the Amcrest first then cloned the settings to the Loryta cameras (changing the URL ofc).

The cameras are running the latest V2.800.15OG004.0.R, Build Date: 2020-12-03 firmware from Andy. All settings are default except I run day/night profile with forced color during day and forced BW at night.

What could be the issue?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First try to rebuild the database.

If that doesn't fix the issue, then delete and re-add the camera. You will find that deleting and re-adding the camera is all it takes to get many problems working again.

Reaction score
First try to rebuild the database.

If that doesn't fix the issue, then delete and re-add the camera. You will find that deleting and re-adding the camera is all it takes to get many problems working again.
I tried delete and re-add the camera, no good. Then I tried rebuilding the database, that didn't fix it either. Next I reset the cameras to factory and that appears to have fixed the problem. Thank you for the help @wittaj

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure you're not using any smart codec. Also Ensure that in your record tab you have not selected triggered + continuous

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
By "Camera trigger" Do you mean a trigger generated by BI motion detection Or do you mean a trigger generated directly from the camera and display in BI ?

Reaction score
Make sure you're not using any smart codec. Also Ensure that in your record tab you have not selected triggered + continuous
After factory reset I left Smart Codec in the off position. Everything appears fixed now with the main stream. For the substream I have set continuous recording with triggered snapshots every 5 sec, should I not do this?

By "Camera trigger" Do you mean a trigger generated by BI motion detection Or do you mean a trigger generated directly from the camera and display in BI ?
Trigger as in a trigger from AI Tool or a manual trigger from inside BI5 (right click - trigger now). I tested the trigger url and it works, just the recording is funky. Everything appears to be normal now after factory default reset on the cameras.

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would start with a simple setup. Set the cameras to continuous record. Use intel hardware acceleration if you have an Intel processor. Use Sub streams, Set the sub stream to frame rate rate and Iframe values to be the same. After you get it recording start with a simple manual alert.

Reaction score
I would start with a simple setup. Set the cameras to continuous record. Use intel hardware acceleration if you have an Intel processor. Use Sub streams, Set the sub stream to frame rate rate and Iframe values to be the same. After you get it recording start with a simple manual alert.
It's sorted out now. I do have a question on the hardware acceleration. In the BI setting, under camera, I can set different HA settings like Intel. Once that's set, do I need to set HA again under camera settings or will "default" inherit from BI settings?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's sorted out now. I do have a question on the hardware acceleration. In the BI setting, under camera, I can set different HA settings like Intel. Once that's set, do I need to set HA again under camera settings or will "default" inherit from BI settings?
You can set which HA you want in the Blue Iris settings that will then carry over for each camera as the "default" or you can go into each camera and set it individually. But if you do it from the camera settings page, it will only be for that camera.