Camera web interface suddenly in Chinese ONLY

politby

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 4 Hikvision cameras. 2x DS-2CD3332-I, 2x DS-2CD2032-I. They came from two different sellers on Aliexpress.

All four behaved the same out of the box, with English and a few more languages selectable in the web interface. I immediately changed the region code on the first two using the region code changer from member CBX.

The other two haven't been region patched yet. I had them temporarily plugged in for testing (set to English web menus) while working on the cabling. Today I unplugged them and installed them in their permanent locations. To my surprise, after they came online again, the web interface is entirely in Chinese, with no other languages available.

It's as if the seller had made some temporary patch and the cameras have now reverted to Chinese-only factory settings.

What would be the correct way to fix this? Region change followed by re-flash with English firmware?

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you have cleared the browser cache, you would have seen it immediately.
It should be the other two patch utility from the CBX.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, and you opened America! ;)
But the camera still remained Chinese, day of the week it shows!!!
Now the Chinese this trick will be on you Europeans and Americans earn much more! ;) ;) ;)
Congratulations!

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Most folks dont care about the day of the week..its an easy fix that gets the job done...Yes there are better ways to make it completely US but this is simple and effective.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Most folks dont care about the day of the week..its an easy fix that gets the job done...Yes there are better ways to make it completely US but this is simple and effective.
I agree with you.
Quickly and efficiently, that the piss a finger ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FWIW, the differences in disk space, listed files and login.js from a cam that has the region fix and has been downgraded from 5.20 to 5.16.

117zgix.jpg

s2gmlf.jpg