Camera with audio in?

Cuis

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I live in Europe and I'm trying to find suitable camera for my purpose. My main purpose is to add external microphone to entrance and it seems to be that cheapest way to achieve this is to buy camera with audio in. Is there wifi cameras with audio in or am I spending my time at searching something that does not exist?
Wireless would be great but wired would work too. At the moment I have found couple of wired cameras with audio in and they both seems to be more than 200 euros. Is there anything cheaper? It seems a lot of money just to get microphone audio.. :(
Some kind of wifi standalone audio interface would be great for external microphones...

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
is a special application in which a separate microphone is needed at longer distance? Most cheap wifi cameras includes built-in microphone and speaker, even my $25 Wyze cam perform well.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some cameras with audio in require a powered microphone. So you need it provide for additional power for the microphone as the camera does not supply it.

Cuis

n3wb
Reaction score
is a special application in which a separate microphone is needed at longer distance? Most cheap wifi cameras includes built-in microphone and speaker, even my $25 Wyze cam perform well.
I have couple of axis and tp link cameras with integrated microphone. It sucks. Audio quality is really bad compared to external bullet mic.

Some cameras with audio in require a powered microphone. So you need it provide for additional power for the microphone as the camera does not supply it.
Yep that's how it goes I guess. I need camera with audio in. So there probably is no cheap cameras with audio in?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure you have any audio noise reduction turned off in the cameras settings.
Any of the Dahua cams have good audio, with builtin mics, but you need to turn off the noise reduction in them.
Wifi can also cause a problem with the audio not being good. Wifi should be avoided at all cost's for a security camera anyway.
See
Review-Dahua IPC-K42A 4mp Indoor Cube cam 2.8mm | IP Cam Talk
or

Cuis

n3wb
Reaction score
Make sure you have any audio noise reduction turned off in the cameras settings.
Any of the Dahua cams have good audio, with builtin mics, but you need to turn off the noise reduction in them.
Wifi can also cause a problem with the audio not being good. Wifi should be avoided at all cost's for a security camera anyway.
See
Review-Dahua IPC-K42A 4mp Indoor Cube cam 2.8mm | IP Cam Talk
or
Ok thanks @looney2ns . If mic is as good as you say then this camera might solve my problem. If I got it right "noise reduction" is a Dahua specific setting right? I mean there should be no "noise reduction" setting in BI which would help me to get better audio quality out from my axis and tp link cameras?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok thanks @looney2ns . If mic is as good as you say then this camera might solve my problem. If I got it right "noise reduction" is a Dahua specific setting right? I mean there should be no "noise reduction" setting in BI which would help me to get better audio quality out from my axis and tp link cameras?
That is correct, noise reduction is a setting within the camera itself.

You can try adjusting the gain under the audio tab in BI and see if that improves it some.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There may be audio noise reduction in the other two cams you mentioned. But I'm not familiar with those.

Audio example from Dahua cam.