camera with PIR and IR onboard

cagnaluia

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for a IP camera with PIR and IR onboard.
In the way to better hidden the camera during nights in dark areas, I know IR illumination has a visible red light.
So I hope to find a IP camera with PIR sensor that will switches the IR illuminator on, just when there is a movement.

What do you suggest?

(I need 15-20 meters IR illumination and better with onvif support)

thx

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have never seen the option to turn on the IR after pir detection. It would take too long for the camera to adjust to the change and you will mis footage.
With pir, there is the hikvision indoor 2432..mobotix makes cameras with built in pir....you are probably best off getting a regular camera like hikvision or dahua that has an alarm in and use an external pir sensor...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
that visible red light is not as visible as you'd think.. you basically have to be up close and looking right into it.. from a distance at any angle its very dim and hardly noticeable.

the only way your getting what you want is to wire an external IR illuminator up to an external PIR motion sensor, but the moment motion stops it will shutoff the light..

I would think the light clicking on/off would be alot more attention getting than just leaving it on all night..

My PTZ IR can be so bright its hard to look right into it at night, even from a distance.. it screws with your vision.. yet not a single late night encounter with local rif-raff has resulted in any of them noticing the cameras.. even as the PTZ is tracking them up and down the street making a audible whirring noise as it goes.

cagnaluia

n3wb
Reaction score
yes, you right, I can assume that could be an advantage (in my case) to get the thief's attention and take his face clearly