Camera wont boot/power cycling amcrest IP8M-T2499EW-28mm

matt1309

n3wb
Reaction score
I've had the amcrest IP8M-T2499EW-28mm for 2 years running flawlessly.

Suddenly one day it just stopped working. I assumed maybe some sort of power cut/caused the issue but I'm guessing there. (None of my other cameras seemed effected and the POE switch is powered by UPS).

I've taken the back of the unit to try and reset the unit. I've managed to find the reset button on the under side of the board.

I can see the light reflecting form underside of the board however it goes off after about 30seconds. I could even hear IR turning on if camera was face down.
I'm pretty sure the reset has worked/not the solution though. If i scan the network just as I plug in the camera it appears under IP 192.168.1.108. (I know it's not conflicting with any other devices and all my devices live on subnet 192.168.3.x) so my guess is IP is also not the cause.

Other than seeing the reflection of the green light turning on and off I dont have much other info to go off of.

Any advice? I've seen some guides on flashing dahua cameras via tftp given I can't access webui but unsure if this amcrest model is a reskin of a dahua camera or not?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Any advice?
If you're powering it over PoE, try using the 12v power instead to see if it behaves any differently.
To get some lower-level clues about why it's not fully working, connect up to the serial console to check the system messages.
This will need a serial TTL to USB convertor such as a PL2303TA-based device to hook up to the on-board connector / console pads.