Cameras for my NR908X from Lorex

Aramis76

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

New member here.

I humbly come to you curious and willing to learn!!!

I set up my Lorex system 4-5 years ago, it's a NR908X with LNB4421 cameras

It has worked well until this week.

One camera has apparently died. Can't seem to revive it.
I feared this day for a long time as, very soon after buying this system, it became discontinued and on the Lorex site, all cameras listed as being compatible are also discontinued.

I have read on here that other cameras are likely compatible but that's where I'm limited. I also read that FLIR sold Lorex to Dahua but not sure if my system is FLIR or Dahua based.

I seem to have gathered that any Onvif camera can be made to work with my system, just not as plug-and-play as a Lorex cam, is that right?

Also, is there a cross reference chart of which camera would be identical to the LNB4421 in the Dahua (or Flir) ? Just trying to keep it simple.
Although I don't mind having to set-up a camera before the system can see it as long as I don't waste money buying a camera my system has no chance working with.

Thanks for your time, there seems to be a wealth of knowledge on this forum!!!

Old Larry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also have a Lorex NR900 series that is about 5 years old. I have connected a IPC-T5442T-ZEB, SD49225XA-HNR and a SD49225T-HN which I purchased from Andy. These cameras connected with no problems and were plug and play. Due to the age of the NVR some of the new camera features will not work. I connect to the camera GUI using IE in order to use many of the new functions. There are directions here to help you get IE working Looks Like Internet Explorer Died Today . I also use Smart PSS with the NVR.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Andy has an Amazon store:

And his own website:

His cameras are Dahua OEM - basically you get Dahua equipment without paying for the logo, but they are legit. He is essentially a re-seller like Lorex, except his cameras are not watered down versions like a Lorex and Amcrest are.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.