Cameras freezing in Blue Iris?

CustomGT

n3wb
Reaction score
Just setup another Blue Iris server last night.
Have 2 Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I cameras on it right now.

Came in this morning, and they were froze close to midnight.
I logged on to the http portal of both cameras in IE, and they were fine.
Went back to Blue Iris and right clicked them and chose restart, and they came back just fine.

I've went through the settings looking at keep-a-lives, schedules, and anything else I thought may have caused this.

I do continuous recording, no motion detection or audio.

I'm not exactly sure...any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just setup another Blue Iris server last night.
Have 2 Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I cameras on it right now.

Came in this morning, and they were froze close to midnight.
I logged on to the http portal of both cameras in IE, and they were fine.
Went back to Blue Iris and right clicked them and chose restart, and they came back just fine.

I've went through the settings looking at keep-a-lives, schedules, and anything else I thought may have caused this.

I do continuous recording, no motion detection or audio.

I'm not exactly sure...any ideas?
there have been reports of this with the latest update...revert back and disable auto update

meissen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I sometimes notice it's frozen in the BI application, but if you view the camera through the BI web gui it's fine. i just close the app and re-open. I do have BI running as a service, so ymmv.

CustomGT

n3wb
Reaction score
Fenderman: Thanks I will keep an eye on them and see if it happens again, and look at down grading if so.

Meissen: I have mine setup as a service also. Blue Iris says the camera loses signal, and it continues recording just the last frame before it lost signal. I don't believe I left Blue Iris client app open over night. When I opened the client app this morning it was like that.

CustomGT

n3wb
Reaction score
On watchdog, there are some features to probably fix this.
-Restart camera window after: # of timeouts
-Send camera reboot command if possible after # of timeouts
-Interpret monochrome video as a loss of signal << I have that one checked
-Auto-reconnect camera after continuous up-time of # hrs

^^^ Even if it doesn't happen again in the next couple of days, I should probably configure this for long term issues.

yeahman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue on 4.8.6.3; has someone find a solution since then?

bdorring

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have same problem but only on 1 camera out of 8. Restarting blueiris service fixes it. The camera itself is running fine.
I have a powershell script that checks to see if an image has been generated in the last 10 minutes. If it hasn't, then i force a trigger of the camera
Invoke-WebRequest -Uri "http://<MYIP>:<MYPORT>/admin?camera=<MYCAMERA>&trigger&user=admin&pw=<MyPassword>"
Then i check again to see if an image has been generated. If it hasn't then i restart the blue iris service.
Send me a message if you want a copy of the powershell script.