Cameras freezing on 4.3.3

rnatalli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The problem with reolink is bad firmware.
This may have been true with previous versions, but the July release was a tremendous improvement and isn't any better or worst as firmware found on other cameras. The RLC-410's I'm testing don't have as many tweaking options as my Hiks, but the firmware is stable and image quality almost as good (a bit noisier than the Hiks). I also like that you don't need a plugin in order to access the cameras via a web browser with the July release.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This may have been true with previous versions, but the July release was a tremendous improvement and isn't any better or worst as firmware found on other cameras. The RLC-410's I'm testing don't have as many tweaking options as my Hiks, but the firmware is stable and image quality is almost as good.
Did they add an iframe interval adjustment? If not, its unacceptable.

rnatalli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did they add an iframe interval adjustment? If not, its unacceptable.
Not yet, definitely a major omission still. It appears most of the effort in the last firmware was around creating the HTML5, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see the iframe setting show up in the next round. I'm hoping as I would like to see some alternatives to the usual recommendations as Dahua and Hiks have their own headaches associated with them especially if you end up receiving Chinese ones. Just like in the audio world, nothing is ever perfect :sad2:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not yet, definitely a major omission still. It appears most of the effort in the last firmware was around creating the HTML5, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see the iframe setting show up in the next round. I'm hoping as I would like to see some alternatives to the usual recommendations as Dahua and Hiks have their own headaches associated with them especially if you end up receiving Chinese ones. Just like in the audio world, nothing is ever perfect :sad2:
Dahuas have no chinese version problems...the chinese hiks are easy to avoid or simply not update firmware....but a camera that does not provide a proper stream, as evidenced by users here is worthless. If these smaller companies would put some real effort into stable firmware and reliability of their hardware they could blossom...

rnatalli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dahuas have no chinese version problems...the chinese hiks are easy to avoid or simply not update firmware....but a camera that does not provide a proper stream, as evidenced by users here is worthless. If these smaller companies would put some real effort into stable firmware and reliability of their hardware they could blossom...
I hear what you're saying, but if one can get a stable 4MP stream, I don't see any issue. Many of the issues surrounding the Reolinks over the past several months were solved. It takes some tweaking and following instructions, but that's true of every IP camera I've setup.

btggh

n3wb
Reaction score
The cameras dont send the stream over the internet. They are on local networks. The problem with reolink is bad firmware.
Well the traffic still matters even on local networks right? I think the cameras can be remotely logged in.
I kind of like the new Reolink firmware as it allows me to use HTML5 to view the cameras.