Cameras not working after power outage

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'll start off by saying that I have absolutely no Idea how to trouble shoot this as I'm not a pro with computers or configuration etc. So we had a power outage the other day in my area, I was on nights and got home to find that I am now unable to view my hikvision cameras online or through my cellphone remotely. I have an 8ch Hikvision NVR and am set up with DDNS and usually use the program through Internet Explorer to view my live feed etc. Now when I try to use the IP address it says the page can't be displayed and won't even send me to my login screen. My cameras all have power, the NVR is powered, but it's not letting me access the cameras so I know the issue lies within the NVR. If anyone can walk me through how to fix this it would be a huge help, I've looked through google with little luck as the responses I find don't seem to be geared towards the issue I'm personally having. I wasn't aware this would happen with a power interruption, but hopefully I'll know what to do the next time this happens without all the hassle. Thank you in advance!

Reaction score
I had someone put these up for me and configure everything, I wasn't here the when he was doing that. I'll have to get him to come out here when he's free and fix the problem I guess. I wasn't sure if it was a simple reset ( unplug and plug back in) the NVR or if it was a little more technical than that. I don't know enough about this stuff to do it on my own yet haha.

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As I always say, "everyone's got their own vocation" and when it's not your job let others do it for you ;-)

Reaction score
Does the NVR have a monitor attached to the VGA/HDMI output, and if so, what shows on the screen, and can you log in and see camera status under Camera Configuration?
That's one thing I don't have for my NVR that I now wish I did.. Or I could get in there and figure it out easily. I'll likely have to get the guy who put them in back here to fix the problem since he has everything you'd need.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just had the same problem after a power outage and was hoping this thread contained the solution. But the solution for me was simple: we have several local networks here and when my PC rebooted after the power outage it defaulted to the wrong one! Doh!

hk23

n3wb
Reaction score
hi I am not an expert and came here searching for an answer as in my country power outage is common so every time it happens cameras doesn't show up until and unless I plug out and plug in the supply. so when I am out I can't see cameras if power trips and come back so is there any solution of it?

hk23

n3wb
Reaction score
I just had the same problem after a power outage and was hoping this thread contained the solution. But the solution for me was simple: we have several local networks here and when my PC rebooted after the power outage it defaulted to the wrong one! Doh!
How you fixed it than?