Camera's skipping while recording

nadats

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've got two camera's mounted to the 2nd floor roof and they both look down on the road, some overlap area. The Camera on the right triggers just fine with a Make of 0.1, 15 FPS and a break of 10. The camera on the left usually does too but sometimes it'll be recording and there will be a 5 second gap then it'll record again. All this time someone is walking by and doesn't stop.

Any idea?

Could it be that my disk can't record write fast enough (WD Red connected to a 6GB/s port)
CPU on an i7 is at 35% with 10 camera's running.

If any idea's I'd greatly appreciate it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@nadats Post images of both your record settings and motion settings. What cameras are you using? Are you using the direct to disc option in blue iris?

nadats

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman.

Yes. Direct to Disc. Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I camera's mounted to the roof.

Can I ask which settings I can share with you as it's hard to take screen shots of the settings at the moment as I'm away from home.
But I do know this
0.1 second Make time
15 FPS
10 second break time

The min object size is pretty small (maybe 2nd tick) and the min constrast is 2nd tick (from left)

I have no idea what the min constrast does especially as these camera's are outside facing down onto the street.

Thanks again

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman.

Yes. Direct to Disc. Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I camera's mounted to the roof.

Can I ask which settings I can share with you as it's hard to take screen shots of the settings at the moment as I'm away from home.
But I do know this
0.1 second Make time
15 FPS
10 second break time

The min object size is pretty small (maybe 2nd tick) and the min constrast is 2nd tick (from left)

I have no idea what the min constrast does especially as these camera's are outside facing down onto the street.

Thanks again
Is object detect selected? if so disable it. In the camera itself make sure the iframe interval is matched to the fps.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Object detect is not related to show object rectangels..they are separate and distinct options. Disable object detection...you will miss motion events if you are not using it properly.
Ill guess that the camera missing recording is set to 50 iframe interval. This is a problem because blue iris when using direct to disc mode begins recording on a new frame. Set it to match the frame rate. Also in the record tab set the pretrigger frames to at LEAST 2x the frame rate, so 30 or more in your case.
Your issue has nothing to do with combine and cut.

nadats

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks fendermen. iframe is now set to 15. Will adjust the pretrigger to 2x the frame rate. Hopefully that doesn't crush the CPU as I've down tuned them to 15 FPS to hover around 30%. I get the fact that I was waiting 50 frames for an iframe before a tigger but wouldn't active motion (i.e. security guard walking, then pausing for a second, then walking keep a continuous record) especially if my break is set to 10 seconds?

If I have a pre-trigger of 2 X frame rate and my iframe set to my FPS, does that mean I can likely lower the break time and not missing things (I.e a pause in someone's walk, a person parking a car, etc)

Many thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks fendermen. iframe is now set to 15. Will adjust the pretrigger to 2x the frame rate. Hopefully that doesn't crush the CPU as I've down tuned them to 15 FPS to hover around 30%. I get the fact that I was waiting 50 frames for an iframe before a tigger but wouldn't active motion (i.e. security guard walking, then pausing for a second, then walking keep a continuous record) especially if my break is set to 10 seconds?

If I have a pre-trigger of 2 X frame rate and my iframe set to my FPS, does that mean I can likely lower the break time and not missing things (I.e a pause in someone's walk, a person parking a car, etc)

Many thanks!
Dont shorten the break time, I would lengthen it to 30, why risk missing anything, storage is cheap.

nadats

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes true. Just trying to deal with the deluge of clips.

I'm currently writing to an SSD and offloading once the directory fills to another drive.

Will give these settings a go an check back in the morning to see. I am seeing a little more false positives (weird local creatures flying about -- moths and other things I cannot identify) but if it means I won't miss anything that's much better.

Thanks Fenderman!