Cameras suggestion w. requirements

Meir MaSe Miyara

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
i know this is not the first (or last) yet another post of "which camera"...
i have searched, but wasn't sure about the decision with my specific requirements, hence this post :)

i currently have BI with 9 Logitech Alert cameras (indoor/outdoor). They have been working strong for 3 years now and i love it. (All refurbs from MeritLine when they used to sell them).
i want to add an additional camera to the baby room, i have read a few posts here with subject "baby room cams" but my specific requirement that i could not find (yet) is the wide angle.
the logitech alert have a 130 angle, which is perfect !
sadly they stopped selling these and i cant find a normal priced 700n on eBay.

i was looking at the DS-2CD2432F-IW but it only have a 96% (with the 2.88 lens).

my requirements:

130% angle (hate PTZ - Running over looking for the baby).
1080P.
WiFi or PowerLine.
Supported in BI.
IR for Night Vision.
if WiFi then with WPA2-Enterprise/Personal support.
Nice to have : 2way speaker.
Wall mounted.

Any recommendation? or does hikvision have a wide angle cam?

Thank you guys !! appreciate it in advance !!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Hi. I was looking at that one actually. But no WiFi, no power supply (extra cost) and i wasn't clear if I can adjust the wide angle. 180 is too much for a small room.
It has WiFi as an option, Hiks don't come with power supply, it's around $5 on ebay. The best option is POE plug, also around that price. You will not find anything in between 2.8mm and 1.6mm lens

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
the logitech alert have a 130 angle, which is perfect !
sadly they stopped selling these and i cant find a normal priced 700n on eBay.

i was looking at the DS-2CD2432F-IW but it only have a 96% (with the 2.88 lens).
Dont be fooled by logitech...they were using the DIAGONAL FOV to get to 130....Hikvision uses the horizontal FOV which will be lower for the same viewing angle.
This is the view from a 700n This is the view from a 2.8mm hikvision

Meir MaSe Miyara

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you guys,
So from reading your recommendations seems like that even the 2.8 will work well for my scenario is I'll mount it at the 90% angle of the wall....

Should got recommend this one? 2CD2432F-IW
Seems like this one have WiFi and 2.8 (98%)
I have been reading though that there is a Chinese version with no updates and us version. On Nelly security of its 179 and on amazon is 129.
Anyway to check if amazon is Chinese or us?would you recommend this model ?and is it easy for bi? (i guess same config similar to the Logitech?)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you guys,
So from reading your recommendations seems like that even the 2.8 will work well for my scenario is I'll mount it at the 90% angle of the wall....

Should got recommend this one? 2CD2432F-IW
Seems like this one have WiFi and 2.8 (98%)
I have been reading though that there is a Chinese version with no updates and us version. On Nelly security of its 179 and on amazon is 129.
Anyway to check if amazon is Chinese or us?would you recommend this model ?and is it easy for bi? (i guess same config similar to the Logitech?)
IF you are looking for wide angle, not that the FOV is wider at 1080p (you lose vertial though)...so you may as well get the 2mp version at nellys for 129 or this laview which is a hikvision clone
https://jet.com/product/detail/2d1d131af5164a50bb35db6974ef804c?jcmp=pla:ggl:brands_cameras_optics_a1:cameras_surveillance_cameras_a1_other:na:na:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&k_clickid=51b06bb7-3660-40db-bb35-9630726d6bf6&gclid=Cj0KEQiA4qSzBRCq1-iLhZ6Vsc0BEiQA1qt-zuZK8gL3hG50-4R6InIBDheJgWWpzn6qrkSg1ULcW-oaAgce8P8HAQ
There is a bit of noise in the audio coming from the laview, but with the environmental filter on its not bad. Cant beat it for 84...if its your first purchase you get an additional 15% off.

Meir MaSe Miyara

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IF you are looking for wide angle, not that the FOV is wider at 1080p (you lose vertial though)...so you may as well get the 2mp version at nellys for 129 or this laview which is a hikvision clone
https://jet.com/product/detail/2d1d131af5164a50bb35db6974ef804c?jcmp=pla:ggl:brands_cameras_optics_a1:cameras_surveillance_cameras_a1_other:na:na:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&k_clickid=51b06bb7-3660-40db-bb35-9630726d6bf6&gclid=Cj0KEQiA4qSzBRCq1-iLhZ6Vsc0BEiQA1qt-zuZK8gL3hG50-4R6InIBDheJgWWpzn6qrkSg1ULcW-oaAgce8P8HAQ
There is a bit of noise in the audio coming from the laview, but with the environmental filter on its not bad. Cant beat it for 84...if its your first purchase you get an additional 15% off.

thank you, for 71$ Shipped, this was a no brainer.... appreciate it my friend, i believe this will work as i want it. :)
now to do search and locate the latest firmware for this and the config for BI :)
(if you know and can save the googling, that will be awesome. but even if not, appreciate it. you helped alot. i can still search :) :) )

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
thank you, for 71$ Shipped, this was a no brainer.... appreciate it my friend, i believe this will work as i want it. :)
now to do search and locate the latest firmware for this and the config for BI :)
(if you know and can save the googling, that will be awesome. but even if not, appreciate it. you helped alot. i can still search :) :) )
There should be no need to update firmware...you can ask laview to email you the latest. This camera is on the dropdown option in blue iris. You can also use the blue iris find inspect option to utilize the cameras onvif profile, which makes it easy to use the cameras motion detection (pir, line cross, etc) to trigger blue iris if you wish..

Meir MaSe Miyara

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you so much, to everyone. Much much much appreciated! And thank you specifically for the fantastic deal link!
You guys rock!