Cameras will not show up in NVR.

mjj4golf

n3wb
Reaction score
We have all Hik-vision cameras and NVR(DS-7716) which replaced one that went bad.
All the cameras were reset with a new one using SADP. All 16 cameras and NVR have same pw.
The ip addresses for the cameras were set up with 192.168.0.x thru 192.168.0.y and the NVR with 192.168.0.203:8x
Plugged all 16 cameras into the ports in the back of the NVR.
Only 10 show up in Live View.
Went to Camera Mgmnt, and under IP Camera(see attached file), the non-working cameras show a status of (Offline(Abnormal Network) or Offline(Camera does not exist))

Plug the non-working camera/s into the local switch, phug the 192.168.0.x into IE enter ther User/PW, and it comes up fine with a live view.
Plug it back into the NVR, and no live view.
If I go to IP camera in Camera management, and click on the 'Connect' IP for the non-working cameras, nothing. The others come up fine.
If the non-working and working cameras switch NVR ports, non-working is still not.

Been workin on this awhile and I'm becoming very frustrated.
mjj4golf

Attachments

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
You did not say which DS-7716 Hikvision NVR you have. They have different capabilities including POE and the amount of mega pixels that they can handle. For me when I buy a 16 port NVR I only put 8 cameras on it because my 4K cameras will over power it. I am not saying that is your problem, it may well be that something else is going on.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Plug the non-working camera/s into the local switch, phug the 192.168.0.x into IE enter ther User/PW, and it comes up fine with a live view.
Plug it back into the NVR, and no live view.
You can see from the NVR web GUI, Camera Management, what IP addresses are needed for the offline cameras.
Set the cameras to those addresses when on the LAN, using SADP, and connect them in to the NVR PoE port that corresponds to that address.
They will connect OK.

mjj4golf

n3wb
Reaction score
You can see from the NVR web GUI, Camera Management, what IP addresses are needed for the offline cameras.
Set the cameras to those addresses when on the LAN, using SADP, and connect them in to the NVR PoE port that corresponds to that address.
They will connect OK.
I will try tomorrow.