Can’t get Hikvision Doorbell to work

Hadriwa

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have a Hikvision DS-KV6113 connected to a monitor DS-KH6320 via Ethernet.
The live view function also works fine, but if someone rings the bell it only says Calling Failed.
Also, I can't connect the bell to the app or the software for the PC.

Does Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

Attachments

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
depends on what you are trying to do..

did you activate it through the indoor station?

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
The easiest way is to reset monitor and intercom to default... then use the wizard on the monitor .. you can set the monitor to dhcp and then it will search for the outdoor station.. then you can also set it to dhcp and add it to the monitor.

if there is no wizard on the indoor station, then you are using an old firmware...

it should work automatically this way, no need for configuration.
if you press the button on the doorbell the monitor should ring

if you want to use hikconnect then internet connection is necessary
in the menu of the indoor station is the QR code for hikconnect

Hadriwa

n3wb
Reaction score
I have reset the monitor multiple times and used the wizard but I don’t know how to reset the outdoor Station

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
with the indoor station wizard you can reset it to factory default...

but you can also use a browser (if you know the ip) and login into the webinterface , then somewhere you can reset it to default

Reaction score
Thank you It worked
Hi.

im having the same exact problem. When I enter into wizard and get to stage 5/5 (where it actually shows the doorbell present) it says activate. when I click it and turn on DHCP I get an operation failed error. following which when I click finish it says IP invalid and sends me to the Home Screen. I can see the live view but like the above the doorbell cannot ring. Please can anyone help?

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi. As far as i know, is when you are using an standalone doorbell you HAVE TO add it to cloud account, or you will receive calling failed ( as the bell has nowere to call )
When you have an indoor unit, its not neccessary for connecting hik connect. In this case also check device management of doorbell, is the indoor station added?
I have to say hikvision made a really mess.. generation 1 - 2 , many firmwares, the one works with other, other doesnt. . very messy