Can a Dahua NVR be mounted vertically?

gregip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Couldn't find anything in the 4216-16P NVR manual I downloaded from Dahua. I'm wondering if in my case it would be easier to mount the NVR vertically against a wall. Air circulation would probably be better but the HDD may not like being vertical. I could also more securely bolt the NVR to the wall to prevent theft. Any thoughts?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Couldn't find anything in the 4216-16P NVR manual I downloaded from Dahua. I'm wondering if in my case it would be easier to mount the NVR vertically against a wall. Air circulation would probably be better but the HDD may not like being vertical. I could also more securely bolt the NVR to the wall to prevent theft. Any thoughts?
You can mount it vertically. The hard drive will be fine. Think about many small form factor pc's that can lay horizontally and vertically.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Had a 4216 NVR wall mounted vertically with a WD 6T Gold drive for a year without any problems. Just keep the exhaust fan ports clean of dust. Have since replaced with a Dahua 5216 mounted in the same location. No issues on either device.