Can BI Rebroadcast Camera Feeds

gbdesai

n3wb
Reaction score
So I finally took my Luma 501 NVR offline today and got everything up and running on Blue Iris. In my old setup, I had tablets around the house that would show RTSP streams from the NVR (as opposed to getting them directly from the cameras). I did this partly because a few cameras were running over Pt2Pt bridges with good but not amazing bandwidth and didn't want to stress those connections by adding more requests for video streams.

Anyway, is this possible with Blue Iris? I've been searching the documentation and forums and settings and can't find anything that even discusses it.

Thanks.

G

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I finally took my Luma 501 NVR offline today and got everything up and running on Blue Iris. In my old setup, I had tablets around the house that would show RTSP streams from the NVR (as opposed to getting them directly from the cameras). I did this partly because a few cameras were running over Pt2Pt bridges with good but not amazing bandwidth and didn't want to stress those connections by adding more requests for video streams.

Anyway, is this possible with Blue Iris? I've been searching the documentation and forums and settings and can't find anything that even discusses it.

Thanks.

G
yes, blue iris has a built in webserver that can stream to browsers (chrome is best), the blue iris mobile app or third party apps like tinycam etc...

gbdesai

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, great, TinyCam is what I use. Dumb of me, I should have just fired it up and looked. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What you need is right there under your nose, my man. :cool:

The big ? up top to the left......that is BI's built-in "Help". Check out the URL's beginning on page 173, the "HTTP INTERFACE".
You can stream cameras, groups and more and in different formats.

If network devices are asking for streams. you'll also probably need to know about authentication, mostly found under "OTHER ADVANCED WEB SERVER TOPICS" on page 143.

Example: This brings up a live MJPG stream on Chrome or Firefox (screenshot below).
Code:
http://192.168.1.239:81/mjpg/Cam53/video.mjpg
flagcam_052220_064757.jpg

Last edited: