Can BI record remotely?

thacrow

n3wb
Reaction score
I am installing an NVR system for a small business and would like to be able to record on-site and off-site. I know the free NVR software which comes with trendnet IP cams can do this, but it's a bit buggy at times and I hear BI is the way to go.

But is this possible? I would like to log into the onsite server from a remote server and record everything but at 1 fps so it will not destroy my bandwidth.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am installing an NVR system for a small business and would like to be able to record on-site and off-site. I know the free NVR software which comes with trendnet IP cams can do this, but it's a bit buggy at times and I hear BI is the way to go.

But is this possible? I would like to log into the onsite server from a remote server and record everything but at 1 fps so it will not destroy my bandwidth.
BI, can record remotely but at the frame rate the camera sends, you can in theory lower the frame rate of the recording in the record tab but it wont help..remember that its not the frame rate that affects bandwidth but bitrate...You would need a copy of BI on the remote server.
The best solution is a hidden nas on location. You can record full quality video.
You can also setup blue iris to ftp backup or use google drive...