Can I make my camera Wireless?

doboka98

n3wb
Reaction score
Helo guys! So I bought a HIKVISION DS-2CD2010F, thought it has built-in wireless, but turned out there is only ethernet connection available. Is there a way I can make my camera wireless, like attaching a wifi module or converting the ethernet into wifi?

doboka98

n3wb
Reaction score
yeah, but it's an exterior camera and probably it will freeze

doboka98

n3wb
Reaction score
I got power outside, but probably I will manage to put the bridge in a box, so it will be protected from humidity. Thanks guys.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I got power outside, but probably I will manage to put the bridge in a box, so it will be protected from humidity. Thanks guys.
that is insane...do it properly ...run the power inside.

Enrique

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there a reason you can't just run a single ethernet wire (in lieu of power)? Ethernet wire is cheap and with a single run you can get power and data.

Cossie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I used TP-link RE200 for my Hikvision camera about 1.5 years. The camera was cable connected to the RE200 and RE200 was wireless connected to the router. Not a bad experience if you have no chance to connect it with cable. But I don't recommend spent extra money for 5Ghz AC. Range of 5Ghz is very limited. You have to use it with 2.4Ghz anyway. WA850RE is a cheaper option.

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can pick up a 12x12x6 weatherproof junction box at your local home depot for under $40. You should easily be able to fit a bridge inside with an exterior extension cord from your power source.