Can I manually move my cam configurations?

Dalecway

n3wb
Reaction score
Bad mother board. So I get a new PC and install Blue Iris. I have my key so all is good there. I have my old hard drive installed in an external USB3 container. I can see the old hard drive just fine. I can not run BI on it of course but is there any way to manually move the camera configurations over to my new system?

Dale

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
blue iris options about...
make sure you have a copy of the key..deactivate before removing mobo..
have a search top right on blue iris

Dalecway

n3wb
Reaction score
Marku2 - I wouldn’t know how to deactivate before removing the motherboard. The old machine is not bootable. I did install a new copy of BI on my new machine. I entered the key and it all seems to work fine. I have 12 cameras in use and would like to be able to manually move the configuration over to the new machine. Not sure what you mean by “have a search top right on blue iris”.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Hopefully someone who knows more than I do can answer your question. I have looked on my system thinking I could find a ".reg" file or ".cfg" file location on my hard drive but no luck so far. All I have found are reg files from previous times where I exported settings. You don't have any previously exported files do you? They would be Blue Iris.reg or "camera name".reg

Dalecway

n3wb
Reaction score
Gwminor48 - nope, I have no exported files. I did that a few years ago when I intentionally replaced my server but no such luck this time.

This thread probably belongs in the trouble shooting section so I posted it there as well but someone already deleted it as a duplicate.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry I'm not able to help, I was hoping @bp2008 or @fenderman or some of the other gurus might have something to lessen your pain. How many cams do you have?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I'm not able to help, I was hoping @bp2008 or @fenderman or some of the other gurus might have something to lessen your pain. How many cams do you have?
it can be done by messing with the registry...not worth it...more likely to screw something up and have other issues.