Can I record full resolution on every channel? (DS-7604NI-E1/4P)

erotavlas

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it possible to record max resolution and fps on every channel of HikVision NVR DS-7604NI-E1/4P?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you’re like many who are just starting out you will want to do this. Don’t. You don’t need to. You will stress your NVR out and waste resources.

erotavlas

n3wb
Reaction score
If you’re like many who are just starting out you will want to do this. Don’t. You don’t need to. You will stress your NVR out and waste resources.
I don't understand. I assume all locations at which there is a camera are equally important, if something happened at any one of them and you needed to identify something wouldn't you want to be able to make use of the full camera resolution? It just seems kind of strange that an NVR wouldn't be able to handle the work load.

erotavlas

n3wb
Reaction score
Highest Resolution?: Yes
Highest FPS: No

Have you read the Wiki Cliff Notes?
Ok that makes sense. Yes I looked through the wiki, although I can't find any reference to that bit of info your provided.

So as a compromise would you set high res on all cameras, but use high fps only in areas with faster moving objects like cars, and use lower fps on areas with only slower moving objects like people?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok that makes sense. Yes I looked through the wiki, although I can't find any reference to that bit of info your provided.

So as a compromise would you set high res on all cameras, but use high fps only in areas with faster moving objects like cars, and use lower fps on areas with only slower moving objects like people?
Best way is to try it, and see if it meets your requirements.
It depends on how much bandwidth the specs for the NVR say it can handle total.