Can I rotate video in Blue Iris if I mount this cam on the ceiling ? Amcrest 4MP UltraHD Indoor WiFi Camera

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if I purchase this Amcrest camera that is supposed to sit on a surface like a table,
if I can use BlueIris to rotate the video feed 180 degrees while watching the live feed.

I have a good area where I could mount this outside near my front door where it never gets wet. ( this camera is intended as an indoor cam )

thanks for any opinion !

Link to the camera is here: Amcrest 4MP WiFi PTZ Camera (2-way audio, micro-sd, indoor) | IP Cam Talk

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if I purchase this Amcrest camera that is supposed to sit on a surface like a table,
if I can use BlueIris to rotate the video feed 180 degrees while watching the live feed.

I have a good area where I could mount this outside near my front door where it never gets wet. ( this camera is intended as an indoor cam )

thanks for any opinion !

Link to the camera is here: Amcrest 4MP WiFi PTZ Camera (2-way audio, micro-sd, indoor) | IP Cam Talk
Yea you can control the ptz functions in blue iris

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi all,

thanks for any opinion !

fwiw, I have used their indoor cameras outside on my patio for a good while now with no problem. (IP2M-841) Its on a covered patio so it doesnt get direct rain but it does get moisture (I'm in a humid area) and no problems. I actually did this based on a recommendation from another member who said he does the same without problem.

I'm not guaranteeing or making any type of claim. I'm just saying I do it without problem. YMMV

and yes, ptz is fine. I'll give the usual warning though that keep in mind its wireless and lots of factors can weigh in on the performance.

Reaction score
Thanks guys ! OK so so the rotating must be done on the camera itself ? ( I cannot rotate it 180 degrees within the software ) ?

I just want to know if within Blue Iris, if I was looking at the live feed, I would never know the camera was actually upside down kind of thing.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just want to know if within Blue Iris, if I was looking at the live feed, I would never know the camera was actually upside down kind of thing.
I was just able to use BI (5.2.5.10) to rotate and flip one of my cameras as a test. I'm sure BI uses more CPU when you do that, but I didn't notice any crazy jumps on my system.

IMG_72ADA0F522DD-1.jpeg

Reaction score
I was just able to use BI (5.2.5.10) to rotate and flip one of my cameras as a test. I'm sure BI uses more CPU when you do that, but I didn't notice any crazy jumps on my system.

View attachment 63060
Oh wow ! thank you for that great info ! It's amazing how many options are there waiting for us, but sometimes you just don't see them. Thanks for finding this in BI for me.
Glad to hear you didn't see any more CPU spikes either. Thanks for taking the time to do that test for me. I appreciate it !

Reaction score
Glad to help but it was quick ad-hoc testing so be hopeful but don't take it as gospel.
Hi again, I understand completely. It's just nice to see there is a solution. Thanks very much !

I had been purchasing Swann brand cams from Costco until they started receiving their new models with audio. That's where it all went down the drain.
These cameras are rebranded HikVision models, and since audio was implemented they are no longer ONVIF compatible. I bought one, and had to return it.

I see that Andy's cameras are super back-ordered now because of the impact of the virus, so will wait until ordering anything. I don't think anyone ever realized the impact
this virus would play on so many things in life. Thanks again for your help !

And thank you to everyone here who answered me, I appreciate everyone who spent time trying to help me. :)

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not sure what cameras are back ordered, but I order one on 22 May and received it on 27 May, but it was a turret camera.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not sure what cameras are back ordered, but I order one on 22 May and received it on 27 May, but it was a turret camera.
I saw the info yesterday here in this thread:

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi all,

thanks for any opinion !

You can just flip and mirror the camera video stream from that camera by using the camera Web UI settings. Screenshot_20220509-221515_Google PDF Viewer.jpg