Can I run both Blue Iris and NVR?

Farmer D

n3wb
Reaction score
I would like to run my NVR day and night, just like normal. All recordings would be done on NVR. Blue Iris will only run at night. The reason for this is that I can fine tune motion triggers much better with Blue Iris at night (less false alarms). I can also integrate Blue Iris motion triggers with my home automation (turn on lights upon motion). I'm sure this is possible, but just double checking before I purchase the software. Also, any reasons why this is not a good idea?

Thanks all for your input!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to run my NVR day and night, just like normal. All recordings would be done on NVR. Blue Iris will only run at night. The reason for this is that I can fine tune motion triggers much better with Blue Iris at night (less false alarms). I can also integrate Blue Iris motion triggers with my home automation (turn on lights upon motion). I'm sure this is possible, but just double checking before I purchase the software. Also, any reasons why this is not a good idea?

Thanks all for your input!
yes, but this is silly....run both 24/7 if you want to use both......

Last edited:

Tuckerdude

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Farmer D...

Gotta say, I agree with fenderman on this one. Seems to me you should just run BI 24/7 and use it exclusively. Is there's something your NVR does that BI doesn't? Just trying to understand o_O