Can I temp share a live BI cam feed with guests?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi,
I'll admit, I just installed BI a few weeks back and am guilty of not reading through the whole help file yet.
As I am setting up a couple of cams I wanted to share a live view of at least one cam with some friends...but dont want to give them my log on to the web app link.

Does it allow for guest accounts?
If so, is it all or none or could I select which cameras to allow someone to view?

If not, how else could I temp share a live cam view?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'll admit, I just installed BI a few weeks back and am guilty of not reading through the whole help file yet.
As I am setting up a couple of cams I wanted to share a live view of at least one cam with some friends...but dont want to give them my log on to the web app link.

Does it allow for guest accounts?
If so, is it all or none or could I select which cameras to allow someone to view?

If not, how else could I temp share a live cam view?
yes...setup camera groups..then setup additional users and only allow access to specific groups. You can limit the times of day they have access to the stream, total amount of time per stream/session/day... and decide whether they can view live and/or recorded streams....

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks

Like I said, just started messing with BI but it is pretty cool so far. Very flexible.
I think its going to take me a while tinkering and reading to learn and make use of all the possible functionality and settings once I get my cams in and set up.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Don't forget you can isolate connections by IP blocks also. For example you can't log into my Blue Iris Webserver from location, the lan is denied and in fact the only allowed connection is my OpenVPN virtual lan. Now if I want to give access to someone I assign them an OpenVPN encrypted connection which I can revoke at will.