Can i use hikvision firmware in hikvision made LTS nvr?

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
can I use hikvision firmware in hikvision made lts nvr? I know the camera does via tftp. but nowi don't have a nvr in my house.

pauljp12

n3wb
Reaction score
could someone please bring an insight on this.. the LTS firmware lacks lots of features found on Hikvision.

Thanks.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Send a message to milkisbad. He is an LTS rep.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I am guessing no it can't be done - HIK doesn't open a good portion of there API to LTS for there firmware/programming for IP reasons. However, if anyone figures out how to do this without issue it would be a pretty big advantage. I also say no because if it could - I'm pretty damn sure a thread would already exist with a step by step guide.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
can I use hikvision firmware in hikvision made lts nvr? I know the camera does via tftp. but nowi don't have a nvr in my house.
What LTS NVR do you have? What features do you find missing?

I am guessing no it can't be done - HIK doesn't open a good portion of there API to LTS for there firmware/programming for IP reasons. However, if anyone figures out how to do this without issue it would be a pretty big advantage. I also say no because if it could - I'm pretty damn sure a thread would already exist with a step by step guide.
That's interesting. I didn't know LTS branded NVR's didn't have the same features as the Hikvision models.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure you have the correct LTS and Hikvision firmware and hikvision's tftp tool.

Works fine on the 7608ni models I have played with flashing on both firmwares just to see, all I found was the branding and logo missing.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
For me, the limitation is in hardware support and third party integrations. HiK hardware supports touch screen monitors which is big as I typically try to hide the NVRs but connect them to a live view monitor. Obviously you have tools and features available at the NVR only so the touch screens allow easy view and remote playback as well as quick export to a memory sticker plugged into the monitor and while working off the touch screen interface. that's always been my main complaint at least regarding the limited API they release to LTS.