Can not connect to camera anymore?

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Pulled a camera ethernet out to move to a new switch, put it in the new switch and now can not get any video from it or connect to the ip camera admin page. Tried to see it on config tool and nothing here either. Tried it back in the old switch and still nothing.

The camera has power and a connection light as I can see it in the router page as 192.168.1.19 but other than that nothing.

Does the camera have to come down and have a factory reset button?

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No it can not be reached

If I cmd ping the camera it has a timeout

* just tried a reset under the camera and still nothing but I can see the ip has changed to 192.168.1.108 in the router page

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Was that IP set in the cam as static?
Is it possible to run a spare, good cable to that cam and bypass the existing cable? Perhaps something happened to the cable/RJ-45 connection when you moved that.

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
omg its the wire what are the chances of two cameras going down with two different wires (one of them just bought a month ago) thanks for your help.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
omg its the wire what are the chances of two cameras going down with two different wires (one of them just bought a month ago) thanks for your help.
I was just reading your "camera disconnecting from POE" last month. ;)
Glad I could help you find the problem.

It's funny how such technical devices can sometime have mechanical issues....the hint for me was that things were fine until disturbed.