can not find network host

sickchuck

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had att uverse for years and switched to comcast yesterday. I am running 4 cameras thru blue iris. 3 cameras I got back online after the switch but my Dahua would not. Trying thru pss and smart pss always get the error can not find network host or a similar message. All ports are open that are needed but in the smart pss it can not get the local ip since it changed from att 192 to comcast 10.0.0.
I contacted arris who makes the comcast routers and they were not able to help as this should not be happening. An open port is not needed for a program.
I brought the camera inside to be sure it is on as I can see the led's
I even dropped the firewalls and got nothing.

can anyone solve this issue?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have had att uverse for years and switched to comcast yesterday. I am running 4 cameras thru blue iris. 3 cameras I got back online after the switch but my Dahua would not. Trying thru pss and smart pss always get the error can not find network host or a similar message. All ports are open that are needed but in the smart pss it can not get the local ip since it changed from att 192 to comcast 10.0.0.
I contacted arris who makes the comcast routers and they were not able to help as this should not be happening. An open port is not needed for a program.
I brought the camera inside to be sure it is on as I can see the led's
I even dropped the firewalls and got nothing.

can anyone solve this issue?
Welcome to the forum. You need to change the ip address of the camera to match your new subnet.
To do this connect the camera and the pc to a switch (nothing else should be connected). Change your pc's ipv4 (in the network adapter settings) to an ip address in the dahuas range, I think it defaults to 192.168.1.108, or whatever you had before (just change it to something other than the cameras ip, like 192.168.1.5). You will now be able to access the camera and change the ip address.