Can not save to a Network drive

JeErer

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
im trying the Blue Iris 7 Demo on Windows 7. Everything works when i use my C: drive. If i change it to Z:, my mapped Samba share, Blue Iris will not save anything.

The Network drive works normal, i can read and write files to it with a good speed. When i click in Blue Iris on this Button

I can see my computer without the mapped Network drive.

This is the same win 10 machine. In the explorer i can see the network drive in blue iris not.

Is this a Bug or a Demo limitation?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
im trying the Blue Iris 7 Demo on Windows 7. Everything works when i use my C: drive. If i change it to Z:, my mapped Samba share, Blue Iris will not save anything.

The Network drive works normal, i can read and write files to it with a good speed. When i click in Blue Iris on this Button

I can see my computer without the mapped Network drive.

This is the same win 10 machine. In the explorer i can see the network drive in blue iris not.

Is this a Bug or a Demo limitation?

Thanks
not a bug...
see help file on network storage.. BlueIris: Record to NAS issues

drotr

n3wb
Reaction score
Could also be a bug. Mine was working fine until the last update and it stopped writing to my NAS. I tried everything even completely removing and reinstalling software, then adding back everything. I rolled back to 4.7.2.0 and, whola, it started writing again to my shared drive on the NAS. So you might try to roll back and see if that solves your issue.